Marine Engine / Boat
The challenges for any marine environment means regular checks on your port and starboard engines are essential.In order to keep the maintenance trouble free and keep the engine in optimum condition. Interestingly, an automotive or car engine may run almost twice as long (3,000 hours) as your marine gasoline engine. The reason is that marine engines normally work harder and under worse conditions than road vehicle engines.
A well-maintained gasoline engine run under the best conditions may well run for more than the 1,500 hours without major overhaul. However, many that operate under the most atrocious conditions of salt air, damp bilges, intermittent operation and pure neglect will certainly die early
Marine diesel maintenance procedures can be grouped into five
1. Lubrication – checking levels; changing oil, oil filters;
performing oil sampling or oil analysis to optimize oil
change intervals and to detect engine wear.
2. Fuel system – changing fuel filters, fuel injectors; checking
water separators; and doing fuel quality analysis to make sure
fuel contains proper lubricants and additives.
3. Cooling system – fluid level checks; coolant sampling for
coolant analysis; draining, flushing and refilling the system
4. Valves and heads – inspecting, adjusting and recording of
valve train wear for trending analysis; inspecting and
recording of cylinder head wear for trending analysis.
5. Mechanical systems – inspecting resilient engine mounts and
torsional couplings; general inspecting for leaks, wear or
Showing all 5 results
£59.99 for Advanced Engine Oil Package
- Spectrochemical scan to detect wear and additive metals, Viscosity @ 40 C, Soot Contamination (TIM), Glycol , Water, Dirt, TBN and Fuel Dilution, Ideal for checking the general condition and if the oil is oxidised as well as fuel entering the sump
£29.99 for Basic Engine Oil Analysis Package
- Spectrochemical scan to detect wear and additive metals, Viscosity @ 40 C, Soot Contamination (TIM), Glycol , Water, Dirt Ideal for checking the general condition of your oil
£34.99 for Basic Coolant / Cooling water Test
Detection of Concentration %, Visual inspection , contamination metals and quality of coolant.
£59.99 for Advanced Analysis Package – Gear Oil
- Spectrochemical scan to detect Wear and additive metals, Viscosity @ 40 C, PQ Index (Ferrous Debris), Glycol , Water % and Dirt, TAN and TBN (Acid No and Base No)
£29.99 for Basic Analysis Package – Gear Oil
- Spectrochemical scan to detect Wear and additive metals, Viscosity @ 40 C, PQ Index (Ferrous Debris), Glycol , Water % and Dirt